Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Yankalilla, Victor Harbor, Adelaide Hills, Gawler and parts of Barossa, Onkaparinga, Mount Barker, Western Alexandrina and Playford council areas.
Issued at 5:15 pm Friday, 31 January 2020.
Weather Situation: Exceptionally humid and unstable conditions are producing scattered thunderstorms this afternoon and continuing overnight.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 5:10 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Yankalilla and Gawler. These thunderstorms are moving towards the southeast. They are forecast to affect Mount Compass, Goolwa and Port Elliot by 5:40 pm and Noarlunga, McLaren Vale and Birdwood by 6:10 pm.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and damaging winds are likely.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Secure or put away loose items around your property.
* Move cars under cover or away from trees.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Stay indoors, away from windows, while storms are nearby