Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Palmerston and parts of Litchfield and Darwin areas.
Issued at 3:54 pm Tuesday, 24 December 2019.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM TO START IMPACTING PALMERSTON WITHIN 30MINS
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:45 pm, potential severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Howard Springs and Koolpinyah. They are forecast to affect Palmerston, Robertson Barracks and McMinns Lagoon by 4:15 pm.
Damaging winds are likely.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au