Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Litchfield area.
Issued at 8:38 pm Monday, 10 February 2020.
THUNDERSTORM SQUALL LINE APPROACHING DARWIN RURAL AREA
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 8:40 pm, potential severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Corroboree Billabong, Mary River National Park to the north of the Arnhem Highway, the Adelaide River to the southeast of Darwin and Annaburroo. They are forecast to affect Middle Point by 9:10 pm and Lambells Lagoon by 9:40 pm.
Damaging winds are likely.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au