Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Greater Wollongong and parts of Wollondilly/Wingecarribee areas.
Issued at 7:45 pm Tuesday, 18 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 7:45 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Bowral, Moss Vale, the Burraga district (southwest of Oberon) and Wombeyan Caves. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect Lake Avon, the area west of Berrima and Robertson by 8:15 pm and Wollongong, Pt Kembla and Bundanoon by 8:45 pm.
Large hailstones and damaging winds are likely.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.