Source: Bureau of Meteorology
Issued at 3:49 pm EDT on Thursday 19 December 2019.
Hot to very hot, dry and windy conditions are bringing elevated fire dangers across large parts of the state's eastern and southern districts today and on Friday.
For the rest of Thursday 19 December:
Extreme Fire Danger in the following fire areas:
Greater Sydney Region, Illawarra/Shoalhaven and Southern Ranges
Severe Fire Danger in the following fire areas:
North Coast, Greater Hunter, Far South Coast, Monaro Alpine, Central Ranges and Southern Slopes
Very High Fire Danger in the following fire areas:
Eastern Riverina and Southern Riverina
For Friday 20 December:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire area:
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire areas:
Southern Ranges, Northern Slopes, North Western and Southern Slopes
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station,
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave.
For information on preparing for bushfires go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
Total Fire Ban and Current Fire Danger Map