Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Upper Western Forecast District.
Issued at 8:50 pm Thursday, 19 December 2019.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Tibooburra and Milparinka.
89 km/h gust recorded at Tibooburra at 8:41pm.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.