Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in the South West Slopes, Australian Capital Territory and parts of the Central Tablelands, Southern Tablelands, Central West Slopes and Plains, Riverina, Lower Western and Snowy Mountains Forecast Districts.
Issued at 11:02 am Tuesday, 21 March 2017.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Orange, Canberra, Yass, Dubbo, Parkes, Wagga Wagga, Albury, Young, West Wyalong, Tumbarumba, Griffith and Narrandera.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.