Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Northern Rivers, Hunter and Central Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 12:27 am Monday, 20 January 2020.
GUSTY STORMS FOR INLAND NEW SOUTH WALES
Weather Situation: A broad trough of low pressure lies over inland New South Wales, with another trough along the coast. Humid air feeding into these systems will bring thunderstorms across parts of the state.
Slow moving showers about the north coast are also contributing to heavy rainfall
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours in parts of the Hunter and Central Tablelands districts. Locations which may be affected include Scone and Merriwa.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Northern Rivers district. Locations which may be affected include Tweed Heads, Murwillumbah, Numinbah, Mullumbimby, Byron Bay and Brunswick Heads.
100 km/h wind gust was recorded at Narrandera around 5.45pm.
94 km/h wind gust was recorded at Parkes around 6.30pm.
107 km/h wind gust recorded at Dubbo around 7.45pm.
67.6mm rainfall was recorded in the 2 hours to 6.30pm at Forbes River.
73mm rainfall was recorded in the 1 hour to 10:30pm at Clothiers Creek
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.