Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Daly district.
Issued at 6:59 pm Sunday, 15 December 2019.
A SQUALL LINE WITH DAMAGING WINDS NEAR DALY RIVER IS MOVING WEST NORTHWEST
The squall line heading for Wadeye was weakened. A second squall line has formed to the north of this near Daly River and is moving west northwest at 30km/h.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Nauiyu and Daly River Mouth.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au