Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Daly district.
Issued at 6:48 pm Monday, 16 December 2019.
GUSTY THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOPING SOUTH OF DARWIN
Weather Situation: At 6:40 pm Berrimah radar showed thunderstorms developing near Adelaide River and Lake Bennett and were moving towards the west.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Batchelor, Adelaide River, Dundee Beach, Marrakai and Daly River Mouth.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au