Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gregory, Barkly, Simpson and Tanami districts.
Issued at 2:31 pm Wednesday, 18 December 2019.
VERY HOT DAY PRODUCING WINDY THUNDERSTORMS IN CENTRAL NT
A surface trough is combining with hot temperatures and moisture to produce afternoon thunderstorms.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Lajamanu, Kalkarindji, Ali Curung, Ti Tree and Rabbit Flat.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au