Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Daly district.
Issued at 3:47 am Thursday, 19 December 2019.
SQUALL LINES ARE DEVELOPING ACROSS THE DALY DISTRICT THIS MORNING
Weather Situation: At 3:40 am radar and satellite imagery showed a squall line thunderstorm to the west of Batchelor and Adelaide River and another squall line thunderstorm near Dorisvale. These thunderstorms are moving west at 40-50 km/h.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Nauiyu, Dundee Beach, Peppimenarti, Dorisvale and Daly River Mouth.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au