Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Daly district.
Issued at 5:42 am Thursday, 19 December 2019.
SQUALL LINES ARE MOVING QUICKLY ACROSS THE DALY DISTRICT THIS MORNING
At 5:30 am radar and satellite imagery showed a fast-moving squall line thunderstorm inland from Peppimenarti and moving towards the coast at 50-70 km/h. These thunderstorms are expected to reach Wadeye by about 6:30 am.
Another line of thunderstorms between Daly River Mouth and Dundee Beach at 5:30 am were moving offshore.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Wadeye, Nauiyu, Palumpa, Peppimenarti and Daly River Mouth.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au