Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Daly and parts of Carpentaria, Gregory, Barkly and Tanami districts.
Issued at 7:48 pm Saturday, 21 December 2019.
SQUALLY STORMS ARE CONTINUING OVER WESTERN PARTS OF THE TOP END AND CENTRAL PARTS OF THE NT
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Darwin, Wadeye, Nauiyu, Lajamanu, Elliott and Kalkarindji.
A wind gust of 78 km/h was reported at Lajamanu at 4:24pm.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au