Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gregory and Tanami districts.
Issued at 12:18 am Friday, 27 December 2019.
ISOLATED SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS MOVING INTO THE SOUTHERN GREGORY DISTRICT.
Weather Situation: Satellite imagery at 12:10 am shows isolated severe thunderstorms across the northern Tanami and southern Gregory Districts moving northwestwards at around 50 km/h.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Kalkarindji, Lajamanu, Daguragu and Supplejack Downs.
A 113 km/h wind gust was reported at Central Arnhem Plateau (Kakadu National Park) at 5:48 pm.
A 78 km/h wind gust was reported at Jabiru at 7:28 pm.
A 80 km/h wind gust was reported at Rabbit Flat at 8:48 pm.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au