Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Daly and Arnhem districts.
Issued at 12:04 pm Friday, 27 December 2019.
VIGOROUS THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUING OVER THE NORTHWESTERN TOP END.
Weather Situation: humid and unstable westerly flow over the Top End.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Darwin, Palmerston, Jabiru, Batchelor, Adelaide River, Dundee Beach, Murganella, Minjilang and Marrakai.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Gregory district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au