Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Simpson and Tanami districts.
Issued at 5:45 pm Saturday, 28 December 2019.
STORMS WITH DAMAGING WIND GUSTS OBSERVED NORTH OF ALICE SPRINGS
Hot and relatively humid conditions are leading to thunderstorms that are producing damaging wind gusts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Yuendumu, Arltunga, Ti Tree, Willowra, Nyirripi and south west Tanami District near WA border.
A gust of 91 km/h was reported at Territory Grape Farm.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au