Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Gregory and parts of Daly, Carpentaria and Tanami districts.
Issued at 9:10 pm Saturday, 28 December 2019.
STORMS WITH DAMAGING WIND GUSTS OBSERVED
Hot and relatively humid conditions are leading to thunderstorms that are producing damaging wind gusts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Timber Creek, Top Springs and Rabbit Flat.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Simpson district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
A gust of 120 km/h was reported at Victoria River Downs at 7:20pm CST
A gust of 102 km/h was reported at Bradshaw at 7:30pm CST
A gust of 98 km/h was reported at Delamere at 9:00pm CST
A gust of 91 km/h was reported at Territory Grape Farm at 5:38 pm CST
A gust of 87 km/h was reported at Rabbit Flat at 7:27pm CST
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au