Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Lasseter and parts of Daly and Gregory districts.
Issued at 6:17 pm Sunday, 29 December 2019.
SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE MOVING WEST TOWARDS WADEYE WHILE ANOTHER LINE CONTINUES TO MOVE THROUGH THE LASSETER DISTRICT
Weather Situation: A trough south of the NT is generating severe thunderstorms over the Lasseter District. They are moving towards the northeast at.30km/h. Thunderstorms over the Gregory and southern Daly are moving towards the west at 30km/h.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Yulara, Wadeye, Nauiyu, Wulungurru, Kalkarindji, Kaltukatjara, Kulgera and Timber Creek.
87km/h wind gust was observed at Yulara at 6pm.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au