Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Daly and Arnhem districts.
Issued at 8:52 pm Tuesday, 14 January 2020.
VIGOROUS THUNDERSTORMS MOVING ACROSS THE TOP END
A line of thunderstorms are tracking across the western Arnhem and Daly Districts tracking towards the northwest and heading towards the Darwin rural area.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Nauiyu, Batchelor and Adelaide River.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Carpentaria district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
An 87km/h wind gust was recorded at Tindal at 6:13pm.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au