Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Arnhem district.
Issued at 4:51 pm Sunday, 16 February 2020.
SQUALL LINE THUNDERSTORMS ARE DEVELOPING OVER THE EASTERN ARNHEM DISTRICT AND MOVING WEST
Weather Situation: A humid and unstable westerly flow north of a trough is leading to a favourable squall line environment across the Top End.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Ramingining, Gapuwiyak and Arnhem District south of Ramingining.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au