Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Daly and Gregory districts.
Issued at 1:15 pm Tuesday, 18 February 2020.
STRONG THUNDERSTORMS ARE MOVING ACROSS THE DALY AND GREGORY DISTRICTS
Weather Situation: a humid and unstable air mass lies over the western Top End
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Wadeye, Nauiyu, Batchelor, Adelaide River, Palumpa, Peppimenarti and Newry.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au