Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Barkly district.
Issued at 3:24 pm Monday, 24 February 2020.
FAST MOVING, GUSTY THUNDERSTORMS HAVE FORMED AROUND TROPICAL CYCLONE "ESTHER"
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Avon Downs, Brunette Downs and Barkly District east of Tennant Creek.
Tropical Cyclone Warning is current for parts of the Northern Territory. See www.bom.gov.au/cyclone/
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au