Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Tiwi district.
Issued at 6:08 am Sunday, 15 March 2020.
A SQUALL LINE IS APPROACHING BATHURST ISLAND
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Wurrumiyanga.
A 90km/h wind gust was recorded at Darwin Harbour at 4:54am
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au