Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Simpson and Lasseter districts.
Issued at 2:19 pm Wednesday, 1 April 2020.
DAMAGING WIND GUSTS WITH THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOPING OVER SOUTHERN NT
Weather Situation: At 2:15PM CST, a thunderstorm developing 90km east of Yulara is moving east at approximately 45km/h. It is likely to continue strengthening over the coming hours. Further severe thunderstorms may also develop during the afternoon.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Kulgera, Hermannsburg, Finke, Watarrka, Santa Teresa and Titjikala.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au