Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Daly, Carpentaria, Gregory and Barkly districts.
Issued at 4:49 pm Saturday, 4 April 2020.
FAST DEVELOPING THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS
Weather Situation: A surface trough and unstable airmass are combining to produce quickly developing thunderstorms.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Daly and Gregory districts. Locations which may be affected include Wadeye, Nauiyu, Palumpa, Peppimenarti and Dorisvale.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Carpentaria and Barkly districts. Locations which may be affected include Borroloola, Wollogorang, Mallapunyah, McArthur River and Cresswell Downs.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au