Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Daly and Gregory districts.
Issued at 3:37 pm Sunday, 5 April 2020.
DAMAGING WIND GUSTS EXPECTED FROM SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE SOUTHWEST TOP END
Weather Situation: A trough lies across the Gregory District and extends into the Arnhem District. A heat low over the Kimberley is bringing moist northeasterly winds into the area created a very unstable environment for severe thunderstorms to develop.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Newry.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au