Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gulf Country, Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, North West and Central West Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:07 pm Sunday, 14 January 2018.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Hughenden, Richmond, Julia Creek, Marathon, Pentland and Cloney's Creek.
122km/hr wind gust observed at Julia Creek at 3pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.