Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders and parts of Gulf Country, North West, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West and Capricornia Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:59 pm Sunday, 14 January 2018.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Emerald, Clermont, Georgetown, Blackwater, Hughenden, Richmond, Julia Creek, Croydon, Baralaba, Marathon, Pentland and Einasleigh.
122km/hr wind gust observed at Julia Creek at 3pm.
93 km/hr wind gust observed at Blackwater airport at 4:46pm
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.