Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gulf Country and Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders Forecast Districts.
Issued at 8:11 pm Sunday, 14 January 2018.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Burketown, Normanton, Croydon, Karumba, Augustus Downs Station, Donors Hill Station, Blackbull Siding and Iffley.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Peninsula district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.