Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North West Forecast District.
Issued at 10:02 pm Tuesday, 17 December 2019.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Mount Isa and areas to the north and west.
A damaging wind gust of 91km/h was observed at Mt Isa Aerodrome around 9:45pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.