Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gulf Country and North West Forecast Districts.
Issued at 8:21 pm Wednesday, 25 December 2019.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Kamilaroi Station, Augustus Downs Station, Donors Hill Station, Gregory Downs Station, Iffley and Lawn Hill.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett and Darling Downs and Granite Belt districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
56mm fell at Gladstone Airport in the 40 minutes to 7.40pm.
68mm fell in 1 hour to 7.50pm at Mungungo Weir (northeast of Monto)
A 119km/h wind gust was recorded at Julia Creek Airport at 4.28pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.