Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gulf Country and North West Forecast Districts.
Issued at 9:37 am Wednesday, 4 March 2020.
Severe thunderstorms with damaging winds impacting the northwest
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Mount Isa, Normanton, Doomadgee, Camooweal, Burketown and Cloncurry.
87 km/h wind gust recorded at Camooweal
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.