Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gulf Country, Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders and North West Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:03 pm Wednesday, 4 March 2020.
Severe thunderstorms with damaging winds impacting the northwest
Weather Situation: Severe thunderstorms were detected on RADAR and satellite imagery in the northwest moving southeast. Deep tropical moisture and strong winds are being drawn into western Queensland as ex-tropical cyclone Esther approaches the southwest of the state.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Mount Isa, Normanton, Burketown, Cloncurry, Julia Creek and Augustus Downs Station.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.