Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, North West and Central West Forecast Districts.
Issued at 8:11 pm Wednesday, 4 March 2020.
Severe thunderstorms with damaging winds through North West and Central West districts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Longreach, Winton, Mount Isa, Cloncurry, Julia Creek and Camooweal.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Gulf Country district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
An 87km/h gust was recorded at Camooweal at 9.19am.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.