Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Southeast Coast Forecast District.
Issued at 8:56 pm Tuesday, 24 December 2019.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Maroochydore, Caboolture, Gatton, Laidley, Lowood and Nambour.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West and Capricornia districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.