Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Central West and parts of Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:50 pm Wednesday, 15 January 2020.
Heavy rainfall and damaging wind gusts likely with thunderstorms in the central and southern interior.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Charleville, Longreach, Winton, Quilpie, Barcaldine and Hughenden.
An 87km/h gust was recorded at Winton at 3.30pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.