Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast District.
Issued at 2:24 pm Thursday, 16 January 2020.
Slow moving storms across southern Queensland may produce damaging wind gusts and heavy, possibly intense falls
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and intense rainfall that may lead to dangerous and life-threatening flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Darling Downs and Granite Belt district.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Darling Downs and Granite Belt district. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Stanthorpe, Goondiwindi, Inglewood, Millmerran and Mungindi.
64mm has fallen in one hour at Strathyre (south of Millmerran).
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.