Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Darling Downs and Granite Belt and parts of Herbert and Lower Burdekin, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego Forecast Districts.
Issued at 5:33 pm Thursday, 16 January 2020.
Severe storms with large hail possible over the central interior.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in the Darling Downs and Granite Belt and parts of the Herbert and Lower Burdekin and Maranoa and Warrego districts. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Dalby, Stanthorpe, Goondiwindi, St George and Tara.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours in parts of the Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego districts. Locations which may be affected include Thargomindah, Emerald, Clermont, Isisford, Blackwater and Barcaldine.
64mm has fallen in one hour to 2.15pm at Strathyre Rd (southeast of Millmerran).
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.