Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 9:56 pm Saturday, 18 January 2020.
Bands of thunderstorms with heavy rainfall developing over the Sunshine Coast.
Bands of thunderstorms developing over the warning area have the potential to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Maroochydore, Gympie, Noosa Heads, Maryborough, Nambour and Rainbow Beach.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Peninsula district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.