Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Herbert and Lower Burdekin and Central Highlands and Coalfields Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:52 pm Monday, 20 January 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Charters Towers, Mingela, Lyndhurst Station and Natal Downs.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central West, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.