Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Herbert and Lower Burdekin, Central Coast and Whitsundays and Central Highlands and Coalfields Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:57 pm Monday, 20 January 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Herbert and Lower Burdekin district. Locations which may be affected include Townsville, Woodstock and Rollingstone.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Central Coast and Whitsundays and Central Highlands and Coalfields districts. Locations which may be affected include Eungella.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.