Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Herbert and Lower Burdekin Forecast District.
Issued at 7:07 am Wednesday, 22 January 2020.
Severe thunderstorms with heavy rain have developed in the Townsville area
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Townsville and Rollingstone.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.