Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 7:36 pm Wednesday, 22 January 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Ipswich, Gatton, Boonah, Esk, Laidley and Lowood.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Darling Downs and Granite Belt district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
45mm or rainfall fell in the 30 minutes to 7.30pm at Moon Rd Alert, west of Laidley.
A 98km/h wind gust was recorded at Oakey at 5.10pm.
An 87km/h wind gust was recorded at Dalby at 4.46pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.