Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders and parts of Peninsula, North Tropical Coast and Tablelands, Herbert and Lower Burdekin and Central West Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:26 pm Thursday, 23 January 2020.
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall over northern inland Queensland.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Winton, Georgetown, Hughenden, Richmond, Mareeba, Pentland, Forsayth, Einasleigh, Atherton, Julatten, Mount Garnet and Stamford.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.