Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gulf Country Forecast District.
Issued at 11:26 am Friday, 24 January 2020.
Frequent and slow moving thunderstorms are causing heavy rainfall in the Gulf Country near the NT border.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Doomadgee, Burketown and Westmoreland Station.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.