Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Capricornia and parts of Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, North West, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Wide Bay and Burnett and Maranoa and Warrego Forecast Districts.
Issued at 2:54 pm Friday, 24 January 2020.
Active thunderstorms are occurring over central parts of Queensland causing localised heavy rainfall.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in parts of the Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, North West and Central West districts. Locations which may be affected include Winton, Mount Isa, Cloncurry, Hughenden, Richmond, Julia Creek, Dajarra, Urandangi and Pentland.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding over the next several hours in the Capricornia and parts of the Central Highlands and Coalfields, Wide Bay and Burnett and Maranoa and Warrego districts.
Locations which may be affected include Roma, Bundaberg, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Biloela, Blackwater, Calliope, Gin Gin and Mount Morgan.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Herbert and Lower Burdekin and Darling Downs and Granite Belt districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.