Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders and parts of Peninsula, Gulf Country, North Tropical Coast and Tablelands, Herbert and Lower Burdekin, North West, Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego Forecast Districts.
Issued at 8:25 pm Friday, 24 January 2020.
Slow moving thunderstorms are continuing over the northern and central inland areas of Queensland.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Mount Isa, Cloncurry, Georgetown, Isisford, Hughenden, Richmond, Julia Creek, Collinsville and Camooweal.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.