Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Central Highlands and Coalfields, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and parts of Gulf Country, Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Herbert and Lower Burdekin, North West, Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central West, Wide Bay and Burnett and Maranoa and Warrego Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:37 pm Saturday, 25 January 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Dalby, Roma, Emerald, Clermont, Mount Isa, Cloncurry, Goondiwindi, Moranbah, Hughenden, Richmond, Collinsville and Camooweal.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.