Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gulf Country, North Tropical Coast and Tablelands, Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Herbert and Lower Burdekin, North West, Central West and Channel Country Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:41 pm Sunday, 26 January 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Longreach, Winton, Windorah, Hughenden, Julia Creek, Croydon, Dajarra, Pentland, Evesham Station, Duchess, Abergowrie and Stamford.
43mm of rain fell in the 30 minutes to 3.30pm at Koombooloomba.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.